As the holiday season approaches, there's nothing quite like cozying up with a warm, festive drink in hand. This year, we're excited to share our recipe for a delicious California Blend peppermint mocha that is sure to get you in the holiday spirit.
Combining the rich, chocolatey flavor of a classic mocha with the cool, refreshing taste of peppermint, this drink is the perfect balance of indulgence and refreshment. It's easy to make and is sure to become a new holiday tradition for you and your loved ones.
So grab a mug and let's get started on this festive holiday treat!
- 2 cups Steeped California Blend Coffee
- ½ cup milk (or milk substitute)
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 oz. bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- 2 drops peppermint oil
- 2 crushed peppermint sticks
Coffee Steeping Directions:
- Place two Steeped California Blend coffee bags into your 16 oz cup and gradually pour 16 oz of hot water over the bags.
- Dunk the bags in the hot water for 15 seconds or more for added strength.
- Allow the bags to steep for 5 minutes or until desired strength and taste reached.
Peppermint Mocha Directions
- Combine prepared Steeped California Blend coffee and 1/2 cup of milk (or milk substitute if you prefer) in a saucepan over low heat. Do not simmer!
- Blend in sugar, cocoa powder, and bittersweet chocolate and cook for 4 minutes (stirring frequently) until ingredients melt and are fully incorporated.
- Add in 2 drops of peppermint oil.
- Pour hot coffee mixture into 4 mugs (depending on your ideal serving size).
- Top each mug with whipped cream and sprinkle on crushed peppermint sticks for added taste and decor.
- Serve and enjoy!