It's fall, y'all! There's no better time to indulge in the simple joys of baking. This seasonal treat will not only tickle your taste buds but also warm your heart. Steeped's Streusel Coffee Cake, infused with the aromatic wonders of Steeped's California Blend, is here to make your fall gatherings even more special.
Ingredients for the Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup brewed Steeped Coffee, cooled to room temperature
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for Streusel Topping
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
Ingredients for the Coffee Glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp brewed Steeped Coffee, cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Brew a cup (8oz) of Steeped by placing a Steeped™ Bag in a cup and gradually pour over 8 oz of hot filtered water per bag. Dunk the bag for 15-30 seconds or longer for added strength. Brew for 5+ min. Leave the Steeped™ Bag in the cup or until preferred taste. *We recommend using our California Blend for this recipe.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt for the cake.
- In a large separate bowl, cream the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then, mix in the brewed coffee, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined and pour the batter into the greased cake pan.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the streusel topping by combining the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture is crumbly. Then sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the coffee glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and brewed coffee. Adjust the consistency by adding more coffee if needed.
- Once the cake has cooled down, drizzle the coffee glaze over the top of your cake and enjoy!!
So, as you gather with loved ones this year, make sure you make a little extra room for our Streusel Coffee Cake. This dessert is a slice of autumn magic that pairs perfectly with a freshly brewed cup of Steeped. After all, what's better than the sweet scent of culinary success, a cup of steaming coffee, and the love of friends and family? Enjoy the season!