We started Steeped Coffee because we wanted to make a simple but significant part of people’s lives easier while delivering that experience in a way that doesn’t harm the planet. We know that’s why many of you are part of our community, too.
As this uncertain time unfolds, we feel it’s important to let you know the health and well-being of our community, our employees, and our partners is at the forefront of every decision we make.
Rest assured that Steeped is focused on the safety and integrity of every order that leaves our facility. Since day one, we have and will continue to manufacture all of our products according to the highest standards of health and safety. In addition to this, we are taking these key steps (and many more) as a response to recent developments:
- All staff not directly involved in manufacturing or fulfillment have been working remotely since March 12th and are sheltering in place at home.
- We are a closed facility with no access to the general public and have implemented a non-essential travel and visitor ban.
- The Production team running Steeped HQ has created working zones to maintain social distancing and limiting the number of staff in the manufacturing and fulfillment area at any given time. All staff who enter the facility are checked for symptoms and are sheltering in place at home between shifts. All staff members are instructed to stay home if symptoms develop.
- Facility cleanings have been intensified by disinfecting common surfaces in the workplace and a 3rd party cleaning service has been added for additional weekly deep cleanings.
- As a B-Corp, we will continue to provide all employees access to paid sick time, paid time off, health benefits, and other progressive policies. In addition, we will provide extensions for paid time off, if necessary, for the well-being of our employees.
One of the core values of Steeped Coffee is Purpose Beyond Profits, which means we strive to give back whenever possible, but especially in times of great need. Currently, we have donated 1,000 Steeped Coffee Packs to CityTeam to help support those experiencing homelessness, poverty, hunger, and addiction. CityTeam is actively responding to the food and shelter needs of its Bay Area community during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Steeped is also seeking to donate Steeped Coffee to front line health care workers in the San Francisco and Monterey Bay areas. We feel Steeped Coffee would be a timely tool to fuel those working long hours to save lives during this crisis, since our single-serve method doesn’t require communal coffee pots or equipment (the craft coffee is a bonus). If you or anyone you know has contacts in the Bay Area that could help us get Steeped Coffee directly to front line health care workers in hospitals, fire stations, clinics, care centers and beyond, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the end of the day, we are here to make life a little bit easier by providing the most convenient, high quality, and sustainably packaged coffee available. If we can provide an easy way for you to take your moment while enjoying your next cup of specialty coffee, it’s our honor to help.
If you’re in the US and want to step up your home coffee setup with convenient coffee, a sleek water kettle, or anything else we sell, shipping is free on our whole store and for all order values until further notice. And if you already have a Steeped Coffee Subscription, future US orders will be shipped for free until further notice.
If you have any questions, our team is ready to assist you. The fastest way to connect with us is via email at email@example.com.
Thank you for being a part of this amazing community.
The Steeped Coffee Team